Candle making classes
13 April 2019: upcoming candle making class
Candles are one of the oldest crafts out there and have been going ever since the days of the Romans. Beeswax and tallow were the main ingredients used for candle making until the 1850's. This is when it was discovered that paraffin wax could be obtained from petrol, coal or wood.
Candles were traditionally made by repeatedly dipping the wick in melted tallow.
Crafty Corner will host the essential Candle Making practical workshop
An introduction to the full spectrum of Candle Making from traditional one piece mould, 2 piece moulds and even silicone moulds. We will even cover a few no traditional candle making techniques such as sliced candles. The workshop will enable you to walk away been able to make your own candles at home with confidence.
Essential candle making workshop: S
The candle making class covers the following
Candle making class costs R580 per person
- We cover candle making equipment.
- What are wicks, waxes and additives.
- Explain about candle moulds.
- How to add fragrances and dyes to candles.
- How to work safely, time savers and other handy things to know.
- Types of candles we cover are: Container Candles, Moulded Candles, Hand- dipped tapers and Speciality Candles
- Most importantly we take a look at troubleshooting.
Upcycle Creative studio
Fontainegate Office block
84 maira st
All classes include a light vegetarian lunch
Please let me know if you interested in any of the upcoming classes and I will send you more info regarding them.
Bookings and info:
082 780 3673