We offer ongoing training and classes on various crafts. Currently on offer is:
Candle Making Workshop 28th October 2023
9am till 2 pm
R680 per person
Please let me know if you interested in any of the upcoming training and I will send you more info regarding them.
Candle making classes
Candles are one of the oldest crafts out there and have been going ever since the days of the Romans. Beeswax and tallow were the main ingredients used for candle making until the 1850’s. This is when it was discovered that paraffin wax could be obtained from petrol, coal or wood.
Candles were traditionally made by repeatedly dipping the wick in melted tallow.
Crafty Corner will host the essential Candle Making practical workshop
An introduction to the full spectrum of Candle Making from, Drilled, Mosaic, Painted & Sliced. The workshop will enable you to complete a two piece Mould Candle.
Essential candle making workshop: / 9am to 2pm @ Upcycle Creative Studios in Greymont, Johannesburg
The candle making class covers the following
- We cover candle making equipment.
- What are wicks, waxes and additives.
- Explain about candle moulds.
- How to add fragrances and colour to candles.
- How to work safely, time savers and other handy things to know.
- Types of candles we cover are: Container Candles, Moulded Candles, Hand- dipped tapers, Speciality Candles, Special Effects.
- Most importantly we take a look at troubleshooting.
Candle making class costs R680 per person
Upcycle Creative studio
174 long rd, Greymont
Please let me know if you interested in any of the upcoming classes and I will send you more info regarding them.
Bookings and info:
082 855 2236
Address: 174 Long Street, GREYMONT
LEARN TO SEW!
(Class Duration: 8 x 3 hours)
ELEMENTARY COURSE (8 classes): R2500
- Basic sewing principles, and use of machines
- Samples of simple processes, e.g.
- Seaming, Corners & Curves, Hemming, Tacking, Gathering, Pleating, Zips, Bias, Buttonholes, Decorative stitching, Straight & Zigzag Stitching
- Make a pillowcase in miniature
- Make a simple item, e.g. apron, cushion cover
All process samples to be kept in the Portfolio provided by Upcycle for future reference.
Contact Lin to book 082 342 3063
Bookings and info – please contact us via email
Location of our studio is on the contact us page